Sunday, July 27, 2008
ATTENTION BEER OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBERS!
If you haven't heard already, Beer of the Month for August is now available for in-store pickup. This month's selections are:
1. DRIE FONTINEN SCHAERBEEKSE KRIEK-a limited release lambic using only the finest cherries of the Schaerbeek region.
2. BRASSERIE ELLEZELLOISE LA BIERE DES COLLINES SAISIS-artisinal witbier made in small batches
Anyone who wishes to join Beer of the Month Club can inquire through the blog, or drop by the store during our regular hours. Or you can call us at 415--255-0610.
Monday, July 21, 2008
(Though if you ask very nicely and we still have some of the old Menu ingredients , they might be able to be made)
All Our sandwiches will be made on locally baked and daily delivered White or Wheat Hamati Pita Bread.
The ingredients you might not be familiar with:
Lebani : A slightly sour, salty, soft white cheese from cows milk, fermented in olive oil and pressed by hand in our kitchen.
Taziki : A tangy refreshing yogurt sauce with cucumbers and parsley, prepared in store.
Dagga : A spicy tomato sauce with fresh tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, zatar and olive oil blended to perfection in the store.
Makdoos : An acidic paste of broiled eggplant, olive oil, traditional spices and walnuts made with love in the kitchen.
Gouda Melted on Roast Beef,
Homemade Creamy Hummus, Lettuce, and Our Spicy Dagga
Hot Desert Breakfast
Soft Lebani Cheese made Traditionally in Store with Scrambled egg, Fresh Tomatoes and Cucumber
Falafel Fat Boy
A Warm Pita with Our Famous Hummus, Falafel, and your Choice of Fresh Tabuli or Our Classic Mediterranean Salad.
Super Falafel Feast
Steaming Hot Falafel, Spicy Dagga, Taziki Yogurt Sauce, Our House made Hummus, Fresh Avocado, and Lettuce
Swiss Melted on Beef Kebab in a Spicy Dagga Sauce, with Fresh Hummus, Tomato, and Onion
Cheese & Hummus Melt
Swiss Melted inside a Toasty Pita, With Your Choice of Spicy or Classic Hummus and Fresh Tomato.
Middle Eastern Mama
Swiss Melted on Turkey, Homemade Creamy Hummus, Lettuce, and Our Spicy Dagga
Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato, Tangy Homemade Makdoos, Onion, Bell Peppers, And Cucumber
Big Daddy Pita
Turkey and Gouda with Our Unforgettable Hummus, Lettuce, Tomato, and Our Spicy Dagga
Our Homemade Creamy Lebani Cheese, With Olives, Fresh Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Red Onion, Bell Peppers, and Fresh Mint.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Limited Edition Spiced ale
2.BROUWERIJ DE REGENBOOG t'SMISJE BB BOURGONDIER-12%abv Belgian strong ale
3.BROUWEIJ DE REGENBOOG VUUVE-unusual spiced wheat beer from Brugge
4.BROUWERIJ DE REGENBOOG WOSTYNTJE-Small batch ale from Brugge made with mustard seed
5. BIRRIFICIO DI COMO MALTHUS BALUBA-Extremely Limited Italian dark ale, brewed with pineapple, apricot, ginger and rue
6.BARLEY BB10 DEXI-Small batch Italian ale brewed with
Cannnonau grapes and orange peels
7.BIRRA TROLL PALANFRINA-Small batch Italian Castagna ale, brewed with cestunt flowers, dried chestnuts, chestnut honey and chestnut jam
8.BIRRA TROLL SHANGRILA-Small batch Italian ale, brewed with anise, pepper, tandori and curry
9.BIRRA TROLL SHANGRILA FUME-Small batch Italian ale, brewed with peated and smoked malt
10.BIRRIFICO ITALIANO SCIRES-Highly carbonated Italian ale with sour cherries. Very limited
11.DE DOLLE ARABIER-The light, perfectly balanced spring release from Esen
12.DE DOLLE EXTRA EXPORT STOUT-Strong, dark Belgian-style stout
13.HARVEY'S ELIZABETHAN ALE-Bottle-conditioned vintage English strong ale
14.GEORGE GALE CONQUEST ALE MASTERBREW 2001-Vintage strong bottle-conditioned pale ale
15.GEORGE GALE PRIZE OLD ALE 1996-Vintage strong bottle-conditioned old ale
16.1809 BERLINER WEISSE-Sour, acidic style native to Berlin. Very interesting and unique
17. FARSON'S LACTO MILK STOUT-The only beer available from Malta. Lactose added after fermentation creates a condensed milk type sweetness
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
1. JIZAKE POOCHI POOCHI-A small batch micro brewerd sake with champagne carbonation. Serve chilled.($13.99/330ml)
2. OZEKI JUNMAI GENSHU HYOREI-This rare cask strength sake is bold and smooth. Pairs well with meat dishes, and tomato-based pasta. Serve ice cold. ($7.99/300ml)
3. GENBEI SAN NO ONIGOROSHI-"Devil Killer." A smooth, mild sake. Pairs well with strong blue cheeses. ($4.99/187ml)
4. HAKUTSURU JUNMAI GINJO-"White Crane." Floral and crisp, with just a hint of citrus. Very versatile in terms of food pairings. ($7.49/300ml)
5. HAKUTSURU SAYURI NIGORI-An unfiltered sake, with light, subtle sweetness, and touches of tropical fruit. Pairs well with Japanese noodle-based dishes. ($6.99/300ml)
6. OZEKI HANA AWAKA-A sweet, sparkling sake from Hyogo, Japan. Serve chilled. ($5.99/250ml)
7. JIZAKE TOMOSHICHI NIGORI-"Seven Friends." A rare and delicate unfiltered sake from an obscure micro brewery. Strong and sweet with an earthy backbone. Very nice with veal chops.($19.99/375ml)
8. JIZAKE KIMOTO SHIZENSHU-This rich, full-bodied sake uses an open fermentation brewing style, similar to Belgian lambics. Hints of vanilla, cream, and peach soften out into more earthy flavors of morels and butter. The signature sake from Daishichi Brewery.($39.99/720ml)
9. KIUCHI YUZU WINE-Yuzu is a sour Japanese citrus which has an aroma distinct from any Western citrus.($19.99/16.9oz)
1. GOUDEN CAROLUS HOPSINJOOR-$5.99 /12oz.
2. GOUDEN CAROLUS CUVEE VAN DE KEIZER-$13.99/ 750ml
3. FLYING DOG GONZOO PORTER-$11.99/4pk/12oz
4. AYINGER CELEBRATOR-$3.99/12oz
5. RUSSIAN RIVER PLINY THE ELDER-$4.99/16.9oz
6. DE PROEF FLEMISH PRIVITIVE (LATEST RELEASE)-$15.99/750ml
7. SAMUEL SMITH ORGANIC CIDER-$4.99/550ml
8. CUCAPA CHUPACABRA PALE ALE-$4.99/22oz
Lots more coming in the next few days!
Pliny the Elder is now available at Healthy Spirits. Bottles are $4.99 each.
Although it is going to be a regular release, people have been buying as many as 10 at a time, so if you want some from the first batch, do not hesitate.
Also, SUPPLICATION and BEATIFICATION are still available in limited quantities
(If you come in and tell me that you've subscribed to the blog, I might be able to hook you up with a TEMPTATION or two).
Thursday, July 10, 2008
RUSSIAN RIVER BEERS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AT HEALTHY SPIRITS
BLIND PIG IPA
REDEMPTION SINGLE ALE
SUPPLICATION FLEMISH SOUR ALE (LTD)
BEATIFICATION GUEUZE (LTD)
DAMNATION GOLDEN ALE
SALVATION BELGIAN DARK ALE
PLINY THE ELDER IMPERIAL PALE ALE
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Winnimere- Raw cow's milk cheese washed with lambic beer and then wrapped in spruce bark. This is a beautiful triple creme cheese with a woodsy flavor and a slightly sour finish from the beer.
Mont St. Francis- Raw goat's milk wash rind cheese. Nice ruby red rind, cheese is rich, beefy, and deliciously aromatic. This cheese was one of the first great washed rinds in America.
Friday, July 4, 2008
Healthy Spirits will be open until midnight for the 4th of July, to assist you in all your party needs.
We will be making sandwiches until 9PM.
BIRRA MORETTI and LA ROSSA 6-packs-$6.99+tx
RACER 5 6-packs-$8.99+tx
STELLA ARTOIS 22oz. BOTTLES-$3.99+tx
ZYWEIC BALTIC PORTER-$2.50/btl+tx
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Beer of the Month Club for July is now available for pick up!
July is Strong Beer Month at Healthy Spirits, which is reflected in the most recent BOTM selections:
1. Avery Samel's Oak Chip Aged Barleywine-15.5%
2. Eggenberg Samichlaus-14%
3.Harviestoun Ola Dubh 16-8%
All these beers are available for regular purchase, or through Beer of the Month Club. Beer of the Month Club members recieve these beers at a discounted rate.