Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Tuesday, February 11th, 2014
For immediate release:
Healthy Spirits San Francisco and Oakland's Ale Industries hatched the plan. Four Barrel, Philz, and Sweet Maria's coffee kept the soldiers alert. Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, and Colorado Gold distilleries supplied the artillery. Their movements were top secret, or so they thought.
Caught in an ambush it was too late when they found out:
San Francisco's ultimate beer, whiskey, and hummus purveyor teams up with the troops at Ale Industries for another exclusive barrel aged ale. SOMEONE TALKED! is a hyper-limited (fewer than 60 total cases) series of coffee-kissed imperial stouts aged in Healthy Spirits collection of world class bourbon barrels. Three distinct bottlings are available NOW at both Healthy Spirits locations (and draught at select SF Beer Week events).
1) WHITE or SILVER capped SOMEONE TALKED! went through a year of boot camp in a Buffalo Trace barrel with a Four Barrel Coffee addition.
2) RED capped SOMEONE TALKED! did a year-long tour in our Colorado Gold barrel with a touch of Ale Industries' house-roasted beans from Sweet Maria's Coffee.
3) YELLOW capped SOMEONE TALKED! counted 365 days in the brig with a Four Roses barrel with some Philz Coffee.
Any of the three offerings are available now in 22 oz. bottles for $18.99
Sunday, February 9, 2014
For SF Beer Week: Healthy Spirits will be pulling from our sleeves magical offerings conjured by all of the wizards of fermentation here in the city this week. Every day a new conjuring, until the magic wears out. Today THREE new spells are cast from Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project
- Vielle with Cranberry, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, & Nutmeg 375ml $12.99
- Batch Number 60 Dry Hopped 100% Brett Fermented Wild Ale 375ml $13.99
- Nightmare on Brett Dark Sour Ale aged in Leopold Bros. Whiskey Barrels 375ml $16.99
Available today at both locations. Limit one (1) per customer. Phone reservations for club members only please.
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Just one more hit...
"Yonks over ginger in Kentucky bourbon barrels? Take my dosh, I'm gunnae mainline that peeve."
Widmer Brothers Barrel Aged Brrrbon '13 22oz $8.99
Widmer Brothers Barrel Aged Brrrbon '11 22oz $8.99
Golden Road 2020 IPA 4pks $12.99
Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout 22oz $5.99
North Coast Barrel-aged Old Rasputin XVI 500ml $23.99
Knee Deep Belgo Hoptologist 22oz $8.99
Knee Deep Imperial Tanilla Porter 22oz $8.99
Midnight Sun XXX Black Double IPA 22oz $13.99
Midnight Sun Arctic Devil Oak Aged Barleywine 22oz $20.99
Caldera Lawnmower Lager 6pks $8.99
De La Senne x Tired Hands Crushable Saison 330ml $5.99
Mikkeller x Prairie Artisan Ales American-Style IPA 750ml $16.99
To Øl Liquid Confidential Imperial Chili Stout aged in Sherry BBLs 375ml $16.99
B.O.M. Triporteur From Heaven Blonde 750ml $11.99
B.O.M. Triporteur From Hell Brune 750ml $11.99
Prearis Quadrupel 750ml $12.99
Wild Beer Iduna Cru Apple Saison 330ml $9.99
Lagunitas Daytime 6pks $9.99
Iron Springs Kent Lake Kolsch 22oz $5.99
J.K. Scrumpy Northern Neighbor Cider 22oz $6.99
Reel Ales 10² Barleywine 22oz $11.99
Sunday, February 2, 2014
Healthy Spirits stackin' cases so high you could prolly call us dizzy. Flip the script if you call when we answer "Hizzy Spizzy".
Fresh rhymes for your mind on the shelves.
- The Bruery Saison de Lente 750ml $10.99
- The Bruery Oude Tart 750ml $22.99
- Hof ten Dormaal Zure van Tildonk 375ml $11.99
- Cismontane Single Malt Munich 500ml $4.99
- Cismontane Single Malt Vienna 500ml $4.99
- Cismontane Single Malt Pilsner 500ml $4.99
- FiftyFifty B.A.R.T. (Barrel Aged Really Tasty) 22oz $24.99
- Omnipollo Fatamorgana 22oz $15.99
- Anchor Bock 22oz $5.99
- Uinta Hoodoo Kolsch 6pks $9.99
- Angry Orchard Iceman Apple Eiswine 750ml $16.99
- Angry Orchard Green Apple Hard Cider 6pks $9.99
- Aspall Organic Draught Cider 500ml $8.99
Almanac sours nice up the shelves! A favorite has been restocked in the Bourbon Sour Porter, and THREE NEW SELECTIONS just in time to celebrate SF Beer Week!
Sourdough Wild Ale 375ml $12.99
Brewed with a mash of raw and malted barley, oats, rye, spelt and lemon, this beer was fermented in used wine barrels with a blend of Brettanomyces wild yeasts and Marla Bakery’s San Francisco sourdough yeast. The finished beer is dry-hopped with tropical Mosaic hops. This unfiltered ale is alive in the bottle: drink fresh for a bright, passionfruit aroma or age to develop the wild yeast funk.
Brandy Barrel Peche 375ml $12.99
Historically, fruit-infused sour beers were a way of preserving the summer harvest. In that tradition, this blonde ale was added to brandy barrels with high-summer peaches, hand-picked by the Loewen family at Blossom Bluff Orchards in Reedley, California. We aged this liquid gold for six months until we needed a reminder that summer will come again. Pair with Prosciutto, crusty bread and fruit preserves.
Valley of the Heart's Delight 375ml $12.99
This sour ale is inspired by the agricultural history of the Santa Clara Valley. Long before it became Silicon Valley, it was known as the Valley of The Heart’s Delight, a fertile basin overflowing with fruit orchards. Brewed with foraged apricots, loquats and cherries handpicked by the Garden To Table non-profit, this collaborative beer celebrates and supports their mission to promote urban farming in San Jose.