Saturday, December 27, 2008
We received a few new things this week, mostly replenishment:
Cantillon Classic Gueze
Cantillon Rose'De Gambrinus
Cantillon Grand Cru
21st Amendment Watermelon Wheat
Hair of the Dog Doggie Claws (get it while you can)
Lost Coast Winter Braun
Also just received a large shipment of Irish/English Christmas candies, bangers, rashers, susage rolls. So come Irish up your holiday at healthy spirits and while your at it have a few drinks.
Monday, December 22, 2008
I will be leaving tomorrow evening for Moscow, so if you have any beer questions or need anything, you can either call the store at 415-255-0610, or leave them on the blog. Thank you to everyone for making 2008 such a great year for Healthy Spirits.
Have a happy holiday, and while you're at it, have a couple of drinks.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Now at Healthy Spirits:
A new, custom tasting session for 2 to 3 people.
"THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY THE EIGHTH"
A special session based on the six former queens of England. Comes packaged with complete tasting notes.
Makes a unique and interesting gift.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Got some new beer today.
1. Bruery Orchard White Ale
2. Bruery Black Orchard
3. Bruery Saison Rue
4. Bruery Partridge in a Pear Tree
5. Hair of the Dog Doggie Claws
6. Ridgeway Very Bad Elf
7. Ridgeway Seriously Bad Elf
8. Fox Barrel Mulled Cider
9. Baird Kurofune Porter
10.Jolly Pumpkin Weizenbam
Come and get it!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
In case any of you missed my call, I just wanted to remind everyone that Beer of the Month for January is ready for pick-up. We released it a little early this time to give people an opportunity to pick it up before the holiday.
Selections this month include:
1. Lost Abbey Gift of the Magi
2. Nogne-O Peculiar Yule
3. De Struise Pannepot 2007
4. Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Just finished stocking a huge new order. Lots of really great stuff!
1.BFM Abbaye De Saint Bon Chien 2006
2.BFM Abbaye De Saint Bon Chien 2007
3.BFM Abbaye De Saint Bon Chien 2007 Bourbon Cask Conditioned Magnum (extremely rare)
4.BFM Cuvee Alex Le Rouge Imperial Stout
5.De Dolle Oerbier (this is one of my favorite beers. It kicks ass. Buy it.)
6.George Gale Conquest Masterbrew Vintage 2000
7.George Gale Conquest Masterbrew Vintage 2001
8.George Gale Prize Old Ale Vintage 1996
9.George Gale Prize Old Ale Vintage 1997
10.George Gale Prize Old Ale Vintage 1998
11.George Gale Prize Old Ale Vintage 1999
12.George Gale Prize Old Ale Vintage 2000
13.Gosebrauerei "Gose" Coriander and Salt Beer
14.Harvey's Christmas Ale
15.Harvey's Elizabethan Ale
16.JW Lees Harvest Ale Vintage 1999
17.JW Lees Harvest Ale Vintage 2000
18.JW Lees Harvest Ale Vintage 2005 Calvados Cask Aged
19.JW Lees Harvest Ale Vintage 2005 Port Cask Aged
20.JW Lees Harvest Ale Vintage 2005 Lagavulin Scotch Cask Aged
22.Alvinne Melchior (Mustard Seed Ale)
We also received a good variety of Meads:
1.GI Dansk Mjod (Norway)
2.Lurgashall English Mead
3.Lurgashall Christmas Mead
4.Lurgashall Metheglin Mead
5.Makana Iqhilia African Bird's Eye Chili Mead
6.Makana Iqhilia African Herbal Blossom Mead
7.Makana Iqhilia African Dry Mead
DRINK, YOU DRINKERS!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Uncommon Brewers, a new brewery from Santa Cruz, has released their first beer for sale. It's called the Siamese Twin Ale, and its a Belgian-style dubbel made with kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, and coriander. It is available in singles or 4-packs.
Yebisu is back in stock, in single 12oz. bottles.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Our complete beer list is now available by request. It is split into American Micro-Brew and International. You can get the lists by writing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or commenting on the blog with your e-mail address.
New this week at Healthy Spirits:
1. Haandbryggiert Handbaak Sour Ale
2. Jolly Pumpkin Bam Noire 750ml
3. Nils Oscar Coffee Stout
4. De Struise Black Albert
5. De Struise Pannepot 2007
6. Dieu Du Ciel Solsticce D'Hiver Winter Barleywine
7. De Struise Tsjeeses
There are a few cases of the De Struise, but definately grab them while you can, cause they're going to fly. Just so everyone knows, Pannepot will be one of the beers in January's Beer of the Month Club.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
In case anyone missed my calls, just a reminder:
-Beer of the Month for December is ready for pick-up.
-I am going to try to organize a mailing list of BOTM subscribers, to avoid these monthly phone calls. It might take a little while, but I will keep you posted. I would also encourage all BOTM subscribers to sign up for the blog. I always post release dates here.
-Because many people will be out of state/on vacation during late December and early January, we will be releasing January's Beer of the Month in mid-December.
-Feel free to contact the store with any questions.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Healthy Spirits is looking for a part time employee (2 to 5 days a week). This may become a full time position in the future. Applicants must have a strong knowledge of beer, and the ability to describe products clearly and accurately. Since most shifts will be in the morning, some barista experience is preferred. Duties will include helpingg customers with beer questions, making informed reccomendations, stocking fridges, organizing back stock, and making sandwiches,coffee, and espresso drinks.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com. If you have a Beer Advocate account, please also send us a link to your reviews.
Friday, November 21, 2008
1. Goose Island Bourbon County Imperial Stout
2. Stone Russian Imperial Stout (12oz. bottles)
3. Stone Double Bastard 3L (Jeroboams)
4. Avery Old Jubilation
5. Avery Ale to the Chief (This is the last of it, so get it while you can!)
6. Scaldis Prestige
Thursday, November 20, 2008
The Abyss is finally here again. Quantities are limited, so reserve one while you can. They are also stocked on the shelf, so if you're fast, you might be able to grab one. Like the Firestone 12, this one was really limited, so we are limiting to 1 bottle per customer.
To Beer of the Month Subscribers: I usually don't like to let people know what Beer of the Month is before they pick it up, but I thought you might like to know that one of the featured beers is THE ABYSS. So if you are a Beer of the Month subscriber, you get an Abyss without having to run around and try to reserve bottles.
I am expecting Goose Island Bourbon County Stout tomorrow, probably in the late afternoon. It's one of my favorite barrel-aged strong ales, and I reccomend everyone give it a try while it's around. There will be a post tomorrow to confirm its arrival.
In our continued efforts to expand, we just added another two shelves, which will soon be full of fantastic beer. I'm still looking for suggestions for breweries and beers people want to see at Healthy Spirits. Let me know!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Firestone 12 is now available by request. Thank you to everyone for your patience. The price is $19.99 per bottle. I am limiting to 1 per person. just so everyone has a chance to pick one up.
MORE NEW STUFF!
1. Russian River Beatification in 750ml bottles!
2. Oscar Blues Dale's Pale Ale Cans
3. Oscar Blues Gordon Beer Cans
4. Oscar Blues Old Chub Scotch Ale in Cans
5. Oscar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout in Cans
Come and get it!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
1. Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock
2. Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic (FYI: It's not a real lambic. Not bad, though)
3. Samuel Adams Old Fezziwig Ale
4. Samuel Adams Cream Stout
5. Samuel Adams Holiday Porter
6. New Belgium Farambozen
7. Chimay Jeroboams (3L)
Thursday, November 13, 2008
We recieved a VERY small amount of the Firestone Walker 12. We would love for everyone to be able to get a bottle, but it looks like its just not going to pan out that way. So here's what we're going to do:
Subscribers to our Beer of the Month Club will have the first opportunity. We are limiting to 1 bottle per customer. Beer of the Month subcribers will have 3 days to claim a bottle. If you can't pick it up right away, leave your name with someone at the store, and it will be held for you for up to a week.
After Beer of the Month people have their shot. The first people to respond will get the bottles. Limit 1 per customer. I think this is the most fair way to proceed, considering we recieved very few bottles.
cheers, and good luck.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
1. BFM La Dragonne
2. Delerium Noel
3. Podge Belgian Imperial Stout
4. De Regenboog Kerst Smisje Christmas Ale
5. Hitachino Red Rice (12oz)
We've recieved three new ciders from Wandering Aengus Ciderworks in Salem, Oregon. All ciders are made in very small batches with 100% organic apples.
1.Semi Dry Cider
2.Heirloom Blend Cider
3.Dry Cider (fermented and aged in untoasted white Oregon oak barrels)
A few people in Beer of the Month Club have out of date credit card information, phone numbers, etc. If this has presented a problem, I've left a message on your answering machine. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We recieved three new shelves, which we are rapidly filling with beer. Pictures coming soon. Come in and check it out!
Friday, November 7, 2008
1. Drie Fontinen Oude Kriek 12oz.
2. Drie Fontinen Doesjel 12oz.
3. Drie Fontinen/De Proef Beersel Lager
4. Spezial Rauchbier
5. Haandbryggiert Norwegian Wood
6. Haandbryggiert Dark Force
7. Haandbryggiert Norse Porter
8. Haandbryggiert Haandbakk
9. Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast
10.Mikkeller Big Worse Barleywine
11.Mikkeller It's Alive!
14.Mikkeller Santa's Little Helper
15.Mikkeller Black (another few cases)
16.Nils Oscar Kalasol
17.Nogne O Winter Ale
18.Nogne O Peculiar Yule
19.Dieu Du Ciel Rose D'Hibiscus
20.Saint Somewhere Saison
21.Saint Somewhere Lectio Divina
22.Jenlain Biere De Noel
24.Sam Adams Imperial Hallertau Pilsner
25.Anchor Christmas (6 packs and Magnums)
26.Double Bastard 22oz.
We are supposedly getting alot more beer some time next week, so keep an eye out!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
2 arriivals from Port Brewing today.
1. Old Viscosity- bourbon barrel aged imperial stout.
2. Gift of the Magi-Winter release Biere de Garde with brettanomyces and spices
I'd say more, but I assume you're already on your way.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
That's right. 530 bottles. For now. There are at least 100 more coming in the next 3 weeks. Some people say that makes us the store with the largest selection of beer in the Bay Area. I would tend to agree with them.
Mix-A-Six is a whole new beast now, with nearly 100 domestic 12 oz. micros to choose from (in addition to 430 other bottles. We have 530 in stock, by the way). Mix any six beers and save 10%.
FYI: HEALTHY SPIRITS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 2 AM THIS HALLOWEEN.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
The SAN FRANCISCO BEER AND CHEESE TASTING group is having a tasting on November 2nd. If you would like to attend, sign in to Beer Advocate and follow this link to RSVP:
The theme is dark strong ales. Bring a few bottles, and/or some interesting cheese.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
As some of you may know, I'm working on bringing in a hundred or so new beers over the next month or two. I have alot of ideas, but I want to know what YOU want. More IPAs? An entire shelf of Russian Imperial Stouts? Gruit ales? Meads? Let me know.
Friday, October 10, 2008
NOW IN STOCK:
1. DE PROEF SIGNATURE ALE (Tomme Arthur Port Brewing Collaboration)BATCH 2
2. DE PROEF"LES DEUX BRASSEURS SIGNATURE ALE (Jason Perkins Allagash Brewing Collaboration) BATCH 1
Les Deux Brasseurs is a Golden Ale fermented with multiple strains of brettanomyces yeast.
No need to reserve bottles for now. I have a decent amount of both.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Don't let the economic crisis get in the way of your drinking.
Come in and mix a 6-pack. You'll save 10%.
Over 350 bottles to choose from!
(6-pack deal is for 6-packs with no more than 2 of the same bottle. Deal does not include cans.)
Look out for a major expansion of our beer selection in the next few weeks!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Today, I recieved not one, but TWO fresh hop ales!
1. Port Brewing High Tide Wet Hop IPA
2. Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale
The Harvest 08 is one of the best hoppy beers is the best yet in the Harvest series. Its light piney hop character and surprisingly malty backbone form a serendipitous balance. I think my bottle lasted about 5 minutes.
OTHER NEW ARRIVALS:
1. Lost Abbey Avant Garde Ale
2. Port Brewing Wipe Out IPA
3. Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper (at brewer's request, not for sale until October 15. No need to reserve, I've got loads;)
I'm working on bringing in alot more beer. We currently stock around 350 bottles at a time. We re-arranged the store today to accomadate alot more bottles, so expect some interesting new additions in the near future.
In case anyone missed my message, BEER OF THE MONTH: OCTOBER IS NOW READY FOR PICK-UP!!!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
We have just recieved 8 cases of HITACHINO NEST GINGER in 12 oz. bottles. There's not alot of it around, so if you're looking for Hitachino, Healthy Spirits is the place to go. We currently stock every Hitachino beer available, and will continue to bring them in as they show up.
RUSSIAN RIVER DAMNATION in JEROBOAMS (3L)!!!
We are going to try to keep these in consistently, but they are not always available. At the moment, we have a few on hand. If you are interested, the best thing to do is call and reserve one.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
1. HOFBRAU OKTOBERFEST-in 6 packs at $10.99 and singles at $1.99.
2. Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest-in 6-packs at $9.99.
3.Dogfish Head Punkin Ale-in 4-packs at $12.99. You got punked, son!
4. 21st Amendment Can 6-packs-Watermelon Wheat and IPA-$10.99 each.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
A couple of notable new additions to our sake selection.
1. Hakutsuru Sho-Une Junmai Dai Ginjo-Dry, full bodied. $12.99
2. Ozeki Ginjo Premier-California sake brewed to the highest standards-$23.99
3. Kamoshibito Kuheiji-Domaine Nine-The first sake to be featured on a 3 Michelin star restaurant's wine list (Guy Savoy, Paris).-$49.99
Friday, September 12, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
1. LOST ABBEY DEVOTION-light-bodied Belgian pale ale
2. LOST ABBEY LOST & FOUND-Belgian Dubbel with raisins
3. LOST ABBEY JUDGMENT DAY ALE-Belgian quadruppel with raisins
4. LOST ABBEY 10 COMMANDMENTS-Belgian strong ale made with honey,raisins and rosemary
5. LOST ABBEY WITCH'S WIT-Spicy Belgian witbier with honey
6. LOST ABBEY INFERNO-complex and spicy Belgian strong pale ale
7. PORT BREWING HOP-15 ALE-10%ABV Imperial IPA
8. PORT BREWING SHARK ATTACK-9%ABV double red ale
These beers do not make it to the Bay Area that often, so grab them while you can!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Healthy Spirits is now offering custom beer tasting sessions, with tasting notes and suggestions! Planning a party? Come to us with a budget and a week's notice, and we will put together a tasting session that will be custom suited to your tastes.
In addition, we are offering a selection of pre-made sessions, which can be purchased with accompanying notes. This month's selection is a series of ludicrously strong ales that I like to call "THE WIDOWMAKER. Hence the skull. Check it out!
Just wanted to remind everyone, in case some people didn't get my phone messages, that September's BEER OF THE MONTH is now ready for pickup. This month's exclusive selections are:
1. Mikkeller Black
2. Mikkeller "It's Alive!"
There is a new addition to our beer family.
1. Augustinerbrau Maximator-$3.99
Just try it, you'll like it.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Come in today and grab some Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence ($13.99/750mL). Unless you don't like chocolate, but I find that hard to believe.
Friday, August 22, 2008
NEW RELEASES THIS WEEK
1. AVERY "ALE TO THE CHIEF" (8.75% Imperial Pale with sweet pineapple notes)-$8.99+tx
2. AVERY "THE KAISER" (10.03% Imperial Oktoberfest Lager-$8.99+tx
3. AVERY "THE BEAST"(16% Imperial Grand Cru made w/blackstrap molasses)-$9.99+tx
OMMEGANG "CHOCOLATE INDULGENCE-Expected on Tuesday 08/26
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I just got in a few very interesting, limited edition beers I thought you all might want to know about.
1. MIKKELLER BLACK-17.5% Russian Imperial Stout-$18.99+tx *Limited Quantities*
2. MIKKELLER "IT'S ALIVE!"-Flemish Wild Ale-$16.99+tx *Limited Quantities*
3. MIKKELLER MONK'S BREW- Dark Belgian Ale-$16.99+tx *Limited Quantities*
4. JOPEN KOYT-Gruit-style ale-$15.99+tx
5. DE PROEF FLEMISH PRIMITIVE #'s 3,4, and 6-$15.99+tx
We also have STONE VERTICAL EPIC 08/08/08 for $6.99 a bottle. It is also available for purchase by the case.
Friday, August 8, 2008
We have just recieved a small shipment of Hitachino Nest XH, an ale aged in Shochu barrels. This beer is very hard to come by, and so sales will be limited to one bottle per customer per visit at $6.99+tax.
Chinook, Styrian Goldings
Pale, Caramel, Munich, Chocolate
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
Strong Belgian brown ale matured in distilled sake barrels for three months
Sunday, July 27, 2008
ATTENTION BEER OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBERS!
If you haven't heard already, Beer of the Month for August is now available for in-store pickup. This month's selections are:
1. DRIE FONTINEN SCHAERBEEKSE KRIEK-a limited release lambic using only the finest cherries of the Schaerbeek region.
2. BRASSERIE ELLEZELLOISE LA BIERE DES COLLINES SAISIS-artisinal witbier made in small batches
Anyone who wishes to join Beer of the Month Club can inquire through the blog, or drop by the store during our regular hours. Or you can call us at 415--255-0610.
Monday, July 21, 2008
(Though if you ask very nicely and we still have some of the old Menu ingredients , they might be able to be made)
All Our sandwiches will be made on locally baked and daily delivered White or Wheat Hamati Pita Bread.
The ingredients you might not be familiar with:
Lebani : A slightly sour, salty, soft white cheese from cows milk, fermented in olive oil and pressed by hand in our kitchen.
Taziki : A tangy refreshing yogurt sauce with cucumbers and parsley, prepared in store.
Dagga : A spicy tomato sauce with fresh tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, zatar and olive oil blended to perfection in the store.
Makdoos : An acidic paste of broiled eggplant, olive oil, traditional spices and walnuts made with love in the kitchen.
Gouda Melted on Roast Beef,
Homemade Creamy Hummus, Lettuce, and Our Spicy Dagga
Hot Desert Breakfast
Soft Lebani Cheese made Traditionally in Store with Scrambled egg, Fresh Tomatoes and Cucumber
Falafel Fat Boy
A Warm Pita with Our Famous Hummus, Falafel, and your Choice of Fresh Tabuli or Our Classic Mediterranean Salad.
Super Falafel Feast
Steaming Hot Falafel, Spicy Dagga, Taziki Yogurt Sauce, Our House made Hummus, Fresh Avocado, and Lettuce
Swiss Melted on Beef Kebab in a Spicy Dagga Sauce, with Fresh Hummus, Tomato, and Onion
Cheese & Hummus Melt
Swiss Melted inside a Toasty Pita, With Your Choice of Spicy or Classic Hummus and Fresh Tomato.
Middle Eastern Mama
Swiss Melted on Turkey, Homemade Creamy Hummus, Lettuce, and Our Spicy Dagga
Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato, Tangy Homemade Makdoos, Onion, Bell Peppers, And Cucumber
Big Daddy Pita
Turkey and Gouda with Our Unforgettable Hummus, Lettuce, Tomato, and Our Spicy Dagga
Our Homemade Creamy Lebani Cheese, With Olives, Fresh Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Red Onion, Bell Peppers, and Fresh Mint.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Limited Edition Spiced ale
2.BROUWERIJ DE REGENBOOG t'SMISJE BB BOURGONDIER-12%abv Belgian strong ale
3.BROUWEIJ DE REGENBOOG VUUVE-unusual spiced wheat beer from Brugge
4.BROUWERIJ DE REGENBOOG WOSTYNTJE-Small batch ale from Brugge made with mustard seed
5. BIRRIFICIO DI COMO MALTHUS BALUBA-Extremely Limited Italian dark ale, brewed with pineapple, apricot, ginger and rue
6.BARLEY BB10 DEXI-Small batch Italian ale brewed with
Cannnonau grapes and orange peels
7.BIRRA TROLL PALANFRINA-Small batch Italian Castagna ale, brewed with cestunt flowers, dried chestnuts, chestnut honey and chestnut jam
8.BIRRA TROLL SHANGRILA-Small batch Italian ale, brewed with anise, pepper, tandori and curry
9.BIRRA TROLL SHANGRILA FUME-Small batch Italian ale, brewed with peated and smoked malt
10.BIRRIFICO ITALIANO SCIRES-Highly carbonated Italian ale with sour cherries. Very limited
11.DE DOLLE ARABIER-The light, perfectly balanced spring release from Esen
12.DE DOLLE EXTRA EXPORT STOUT-Strong, dark Belgian-style stout
13.HARVEY'S ELIZABETHAN ALE-Bottle-conditioned vintage English strong ale
14.GEORGE GALE CONQUEST ALE MASTERBREW 2001-Vintage strong bottle-conditioned pale ale
15.GEORGE GALE PRIZE OLD ALE 1996-Vintage strong bottle-conditioned old ale
16.1809 BERLINER WEISSE-Sour, acidic style native to Berlin. Very interesting and unique
17. FARSON'S LACTO MILK STOUT-The only beer available from Malta. Lactose added after fermentation creates a condensed milk type sweetness
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
1. JIZAKE POOCHI POOCHI-A small batch micro brewerd sake with champagne carbonation. Serve chilled.($13.99/330ml)
2. OZEKI JUNMAI GENSHU HYOREI-This rare cask strength sake is bold and smooth. Pairs well with meat dishes, and tomato-based pasta. Serve ice cold. ($7.99/300ml)
3. GENBEI SAN NO ONIGOROSHI-"Devil Killer." A smooth, mild sake. Pairs well with strong blue cheeses. ($4.99/187ml)
4. HAKUTSURU JUNMAI GINJO-"White Crane." Floral and crisp, with just a hint of citrus. Very versatile in terms of food pairings. ($7.49/300ml)
5. HAKUTSURU SAYURI NIGORI-An unfiltered sake, with light, subtle sweetness, and touches of tropical fruit. Pairs well with Japanese noodle-based dishes. ($6.99/300ml)
6. OZEKI HANA AWAKA-A sweet, sparkling sake from Hyogo, Japan. Serve chilled. ($5.99/250ml)
7. JIZAKE TOMOSHICHI NIGORI-"Seven Friends." A rare and delicate unfiltered sake from an obscure micro brewery. Strong and sweet with an earthy backbone. Very nice with veal chops.($19.99/375ml)
8. JIZAKE KIMOTO SHIZENSHU-This rich, full-bodied sake uses an open fermentation brewing style, similar to Belgian lambics. Hints of vanilla, cream, and peach soften out into more earthy flavors of morels and butter. The signature sake from Daishichi Brewery.($39.99/720ml)
9. KIUCHI YUZU WINE-Yuzu is a sour Japanese citrus which has an aroma distinct from any Western citrus.($19.99/16.9oz)
1. GOUDEN CAROLUS HOPSINJOOR-$5.99 /12oz.
2. GOUDEN CAROLUS CUVEE VAN DE KEIZER-$13.99/ 750ml
3. FLYING DOG GONZOO PORTER-$11.99/4pk/12oz
4. AYINGER CELEBRATOR-$3.99/12oz
5. RUSSIAN RIVER PLINY THE ELDER-$4.99/16.9oz
6. DE PROEF FLEMISH PRIVITIVE (LATEST RELEASE)-$15.99/750ml
7. SAMUEL SMITH ORGANIC CIDER-$4.99/550ml
8. CUCAPA CHUPACABRA PALE ALE-$4.99/22oz
Lots more coming in the next few days!
Pliny the Elder is now available at Healthy Spirits. Bottles are $4.99 each.
Although it is going to be a regular release, people have been buying as many as 10 at a time, so if you want some from the first batch, do not hesitate.
Also, SUPPLICATION and BEATIFICATION are still available in limited quantities
(If you come in and tell me that you've subscribed to the blog, I might be able to hook you up with a TEMPTATION or two).
Thursday, July 10, 2008
RUSSIAN RIVER BEERS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AT HEALTHY SPIRITS
BLIND PIG IPA
REDEMPTION SINGLE ALE
SUPPLICATION FLEMISH SOUR ALE (LTD)
BEATIFICATION GUEUZE (LTD)
DAMNATION GOLDEN ALE
SALVATION BELGIAN DARK ALE
PLINY THE ELDER IMPERIAL PALE ALE
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Winnimere- Raw cow's milk cheese washed with lambic beer and then wrapped in spruce bark. This is a beautiful triple creme cheese with a woodsy flavor and a slightly sour finish from the beer.
Mont St. Francis- Raw goat's milk wash rind cheese. Nice ruby red rind, cheese is rich, beefy, and deliciously aromatic. This cheese was one of the first great washed rinds in America.
Friday, July 4, 2008
Healthy Spirits will be open until midnight for the 4th of July, to assist you in all your party needs.
We will be making sandwiches until 9PM.
BIRRA MORETTI and LA ROSSA 6-packs-$6.99+tx
RACER 5 6-packs-$8.99+tx
STELLA ARTOIS 22oz. BOTTLES-$3.99+tx
ZYWEIC BALTIC PORTER-$2.50/btl+tx
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Beer of the Month Club for July is now available for pick up!
July is Strong Beer Month at Healthy Spirits, which is reflected in the most recent BOTM selections:
1. Avery Samel's Oak Chip Aged Barleywine-15.5%
2. Eggenberg Samichlaus-14%
3.Harviestoun Ola Dubh 16-8%
All these beers are available for regular purchase, or through Beer of the Month Club. Beer of the Month Club members recieve these beers at a discounted rate.